Téthys Naval attaches importance to the way in which your personal data is processed and recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (here in after the “Policy”) explains how Téthys Naval collects, processes and protects your personal data. It contains information on the type of data collected by Téthys Naval, for what purposes it is processed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.
Contact Téthys Naval via firstname.lastname@example.org for any type of request, query or remark relating to the protection of personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights attached thereto (see section 6).
1. The data controller
The controller of your personal data is Téthys Naval srl, a limited liable company incorporated under the laws of the Kingdom of Belgium and duly registered under official number BE 0801.551.085 with its seat at Boulevard St. Michel 47, 1040 Etterbeek (hereinafter “Téthys Naval”, or as the context may require “we” or “our”).
2. Basic principles
Téthys Naval is committed to protecting the personal data to which it has access, to handling them responsibly and to being transparent in the practices it uses. Téthys Naval attaches great importance to the trust placed in it and is therefore committed to the following principles:
- You are under no obligation to provide the personal data requested by Téthys Naval. However, if you decide not to provide certain data, Téthys Naval may not be able to provide certain services or deliver certain products.
- Téthys Naval collects and processes your data only for the purposes described in this Policy or for specific purposes of which Téthys Naval has informed you and/or for which you have given your consent.
- Téthys Naval adopts the principle of minimisation: namely, to collect and process only the personal data necessary for the purposes envisaged.
- Téthys Naval aims to keep your personal details as accurate as possible and offers you the possibility of modifying them at any time by going to your profile in the client’s area of the website www.tethysnaval.com or by making a request directly via the e-mail address email@example.com”.
- If personal data is no longer required and there is no legal obligation to retain it, Téthys Naval will do its best to delete, destroy or anonymise it.
- Your personal data will not be sold or rented and will only be shared or disclosed for purposes related to this Policy except where disclosure is required by law and/or governmental authorities.
3. What personal data do we collect?
- The personal data Téthys Naval collects varies depending on the purpose, the service Téthys Naval provides or that you provide to Téthys Naval.
- Téthys Naval may collect personal details, such as your surname, first name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number(s) directly and also the following categories of personal data:
- the identifier used to access your online account (which you can modify and personalise at any time), i.e. the user name and password, in order to creating a personal user account linked to its activities accessible online via its websites and applications;
- exchanges with Téthys Naval, which may include details of conversations that have taken place through email exchanges or messages on Téthys Naval’s social networks;
- personal information, such as your age, birthday, gender and service preferences;
- browsing history, such as the pages visited, the date of the visit, the location during the visit, or the IP address; and
- information about third parties, such as personal data about your family members when you provide Téthys Naval with this information directly for special events.
- If you apply for a job at Téthys Naval, we will collect additional personal data, such as the different jobs you have had, your education and references from previous employers.
- Téthys Naval may also collect the above categories of data indirectly, when
- you share content on social networks, websites or applications related to its products or services or by responding to its promotional posts and announcements on social networks; and
- Téthys Naval reads or collects personal data about you through information collected by other websites or collected on social networks or public profiles.
4. For what purposes and on what legal basis is your personal data collected and processed by Téthys Naval?
- Téthys Naval collects and processes your personal data in order to provide you with a service that is best suited to your expectations, for communication purposes or to inform you of its activities. Téthys Naval may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- to process and respond to your inquiries and to contact you to respond to your inquiries;
- to develop and improve its products, services, communication methods and the functionality of its websites and/or applications;to communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to its newsletter service or any other communication service;to authenticate the identity of individuals who contact Téthys Naval by telephone, electronically or otherwise;for the purpose of ensuring the quality of its services;to better understand and evaluate the interests of its clients and to develop its activities; and
- to provide personalised products and tailored communications and to recommend products or services to you based on your needs.
- Téthys Naval may also need your personal data to comply with legal obligations or as part of a contractual relationship that Téthys Naval has with you.
- Depending on the purpose of the processing, the legal basis is (i) your consent, (ii) the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or the performance of actions prior to such contract, (iii) compliance with a legal obligation imposed on us, or (iv) our legitimate interest.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
- Téthys Naval keeps your personal data for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected (responding to your request for information and following up on this request; executing a contract concluded with you, etc.) plus the period necessary to comply with its legal accounting and archiving obligations.
- This period may be increased in the event of a claim or legal dispute to ensure the defence of our rights.
6. Your rights
- When Téthys Naval processes your personal data, you are entitled to a number of rights that you can exercise at any time.
- Right of access: you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of these personal data.
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended accordingly.
- Right to erasure: in the cases and conditions provided for in Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: in the cases and under the conditions provided for in Article 18 GDPR, you may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, where the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Téthys Naval. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for canvassing and direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent free of charge at any time.
- Right to the portability of your data: in the cases and conditions provided for in Article 20 RGPD, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable structured format and, where technically possible, to have it transmitted directly to a third party.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with a supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. In Belgium, the supervisory authority is the Data Protection Authority (www.autoritéprotectiondonnées).
- You can exercise your rights via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Téthys Naval is aware of the importance of the security of your personal data. It makes its best efforts to adequately protect your personal data from misuse, interference, damage, unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure. Numerous security measures have been put in place to protect your personal data. Téthys Naval uses access controls, firewalls and secure servers.
7. Sharing your personal data
Téthys Naval does not share your personal data with other organisations, except in cases where disclosure is required by law and/or government authorities or in the context of litigation.
8. International transfer of your data
Personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries that have received an adequacy decision from the Commission (i.e. countries offering a level of protection for personal data similar to the level of protection offered by the GDPR).